I was just on toolnut.com and they offer a cmt fiber cement blade for the ts55 and the ts75, but at the bottom it says that it voids Festools Warranty. Why does it void the warranty? Also what are the cut results and dust collection with the fiber cement blade? I have a freud cement blade on my circular saw and it works great just messy.
Oxymoron in shrek
- Caulks, Sealants & Caulking Tools Caulking Tools Patching & Repair Fillers & Putty Spackling & Patching Compounds ...
- I've installed a lot of Hardie board including stucco sheets. I gap the butt joints 1/16th in with felt behind the gap. I caulk the joint with a good elastic caulk and finish with two coats of Duration. I have one job that is 8 years old and (I stopped by and asked) there are no problems what so ever. The customer is very happy.
However, hardie board requires painting and re-caulking every five to ten years to prevent deterioration. Cost There is no doubt about it, the advantages of hardie board come with a cost.
- Also, incorrect installation may void your warranty. Does TYPAR BuildingWrap have an ICBO number? An inspector has asked my installer for one, but we can’t seem to locate it. TYPAR does not use ICBO numbers anymore. The ICC has combined all the old numbers under one new system. The new ICC number for BuildingWrap is ICC ESR-1404.
If it was just plain old fiber board/hard board siding, yes. I recommend caulking joints etc. There some other specific concerns with the myriad of products out there ...
- James Hardie does manufacture ... Caulk lower panel decorative band board water-resistive ... AND VOID THE PRODUCT ONLY WARRANTY. BEFORE INSTALLATION, CONFIRM THAT ...
Apr 17, 2009 · Using hardy board would be unusual. For the hardy board install dig a trench about 3 inches deep and make up a "F" channel from two pieces of 1"x1" angle tacked about every two feet to set the bottom of the siding in. at the top I would have "U" clips made of at least 14 Gage sheet metal with 3" legs and a 5/8" channel width about 2 inches wide.
- If it was just plain old fiber board/hard board siding, yes. I recommend caulking joints etc. There some other specific concerns with the myriad of products out there ...
Jun 13, 2008 · hardie planks warranty is based on certified installers who've been trained by hardie. without using the proper contractor for the job, the warranty is voided. Likely this is industry standard. Read through fine print of certaineed pdf and you'll probablly find the same stipulation.
- James Hardie offers a diverse, comprehensive selection of styles and textures for Denver homeowners. We guarantee you'll find a design option you and your family will love. Call today to schedule an on-site consultation regarding James Hardie styles and textures!
Mar 28, 2011 · The use of thinset under the board is specified by the board manufacturer as a condition or warranty and is not there to bond the board to the wood subfloor. The nails or screws perform that function. The thinset is needed to fill voids and undulations between the wood and the board thus eliminating spots of nonsupport under the board.
- Check caulking around home windows, doors and gutters. Frequently, this is exactly where you will discover peeling and damaged paint. Gutters that aren’t hung properly will require to be adjusted or replaced. Ice dams can occasionally trigger paint to peel and caulk to split free. Scrape the effected locations and re-caulk as needed.
Apparently no one here read the technical bulletin #9 that James Hardie released in 2008. Hardie no longer recommends the caulking of any joint in their lap siding (colorplus or primed). Deterioration of the caulking in the joint has become a maintenance issue for home owners over time. Joint flashing is recommended for all hardie lap siding now.